Re: Lack of docs for libpq C Library

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Pavel Golub <pavel(at)gf(dot)microolap(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lack of docs for libpq C Library
Date: 2008-01-31 17:01:41
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> PQinitSSL *is* documented, though looking at the para immediately raises
>> the question what the heck we are doing pointing to a random hp.com page
>> for SSL documentation.

> I added that for 8.3. The HP documentation seemed excellent, which is
> why I added it.

The question is not about whether that doc is good, bad, or indifferent;
it is about the likely lifespan of the URL. A URL containing mostly
random numbers instead of words does not fill me with confidence.
Furthermore HP is hardly the authoritative reference on SSL. Can't
we find an RFC or something?