Re: Installing on Mac OS X 10.1

From: Jim Dickenson <dickenson(at)cfmc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing on Mac OS X 10.1
Date: 2001-10-05 22:59:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On Thursday, October 4, 2001, at 03:13  PM, Jim Dickenson wrote:

> I am trying to get ODBC working under OS X 10.1. I have not been able
> to compile unixODBC or iODBC because of link errors. I did find a
> binary install for iODBC on their site.
>
> I tried to compile the current version fo MyODBC but the host type is
> unknown so it will not compile.
>
> I installed PostgreSQL as it comes with ODBC drivers and when I try to
> connect I get the following errors:
> (null)(5): Invalid access (permissions?)
> [iODBC][Driver Manager]Dialog failed, SQLSTATE=IM008
>
> My preference would be to install MyODBC and use MySQL as well as
> unixODBC as this is what I develop with under Linux.
>

> Can anyone help me get any or all of this stuff working under OS X?
>
> TIA

Nick Gorham from EasySoft was very helpful in getting unixODBC and the
ODBC driver for PostgreSQL working under OS X 10.1.
ftp://ftp.easysoft.com/pub/beta/unixODBC/unixODBC-2.0.10.tar.gz is a
link to the source I used. Read the OSX readme file because, for me at
least, I had to install dlcompat-20010831.tar.gz to make it work.

Thanks Nick!

Jim Dickenson
mailto:dickenson(at)cfmc(dot)com

Computers for Marketing Corporation