Re: Date format issue

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Raman <ramang(at)smartdatainc(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Date format issue
Date: 2004-03-18 15:55:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com> writes:
> You didn't say what version you're using, but IIRC, there was a bug which
> caused the above sort of behavior. I think it was fixed in 7.4 and could
> be fixed in 7.3.x with a catalog change which you might be able to find in
> the archives.

Good memory! Here's the CVS log entry:

* src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h (REL7_3_STABLE): Repair incorrect
prorettype entry for timestamptz_izone. Can't force initdb in the
7.3 branch, but we can at least make it right for people who
install 7.3.3 from scratch.

It looks like
UPDATE pg_proc SET prorettype = 1114 WHERE oid = 1026;
would fix it, but I counsel testing that in a scratch database ...