permissions on user-defined functions

From: "Kevin T(dot) Manley \(Home\)" <kmanley(at)uswest(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: permissions on user-defined functions
Date: 2001-01-16 16:20:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I am new to PostgreSQL...

I've created a table (table1) and database user (dbuser).
dbuser has only SELECT permission on table1.
Next I created a function insert_table1 that inserts a new row into table1.

I want to give dbuser the ability to invoke the insert_table1 function
without granting dbuser INSERT permission on table1.

Does PostgreSQL make this possible? Can someone kindly point out how to do
it?

Thanks!

Kevin T. Manley
kmanley(at)qwest(dot)net