A newbie question

From: "Brian Rowlands (Greymouth High School)" <RowlandsB(at)greyhigh(dot)school(dot)nz>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A newbie question
Date: 2004-11-30 19:11:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi

I'm writing my school intranet in Plone and want to use PostgreSQL as the DB to hold a thousand or more URL, descriptions etc. We use W2000 server and W2000 on workstations.

Well, I've just downloaded PostgreSQL 8.0.0 beta4 and installed PGAdmin III. The documentation that came I've partially read but my main stumbling block is the documentation seems to be Unix based. I've created a DB in PGAdmin, including a table, but can't seem to follow how to make fields and enter data in them.
My question is simple:
Q: How do I create an elementary DB in my situation? A link to documentation would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Brian Rowlands

In secret we met--
In silence I grieve,