RE: [INTERFACES] odbc?

From: Michael J Davis <michael(dot)j(dot)davis(at)tvguide(dot)com>
To: "'Brent Waldrop'" <waldrop_brent(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] odbc?
Date: 1999-06-14 18:49:59
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Look at my web site:

www.sevainc.com/Access

This talks about some of the issues I faced with Access97. I had to make
all currency data types a double in version 6.4 of Postgres. In version
6.5, the numeric data type is a much better choice. You will need to
re-establish your links after making data type changes. Access97 remembers
the data types of ODBC connections between sessions. As for primary keys,
both of the following need to be set up:

1) the ODBC driver needs to have the use unique keys option turned
on
2) you need to have a unique key index installed on each table.

I have not figured out how to automatically import relationships. I have
found that they are not necessary in most situation so I have chosen to
ignore them.

Thanks, Michael