RE: [INTERFACES] working with ODBC driver

From: Michael J Davis <michael(dot)j(dot)davis(at)tvguide(dot)com>
To: "'Herbert Ambos'" <herbert(at)tuba(dot)msuiit(dot)edu(dot)ph>, Robert Carbonari <robertC(at)opmr(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] working with ODBC driver
Date: 1999-06-03 14:55:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Here is a function written in Access (VB) that will execute a vacuum.  This
should also show you how to execute other Postgres commands or functions you
have created in Postgres:  All you need to do is change "vacuum" to anything
you want to call in Postgres.

Public Sub si_vacuum()
   Dim wrk As Workspace
   Dim usrname As String
   Set wrk = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)
   usrname = wrk.UserName
   Set gWrkODBC = CreateWorkspace("ODBCWorkspace", "postgres", "",
dbUseODBC)
   Workspaces.Append gWrkODBC
   Set gConODBC = gWrkODBC.OpenConnection("SI_ODBC", , False,
"ODBC;DSN=PostgreSQL;UID=" & usrname & ";PWD=;")

   gConODBC.Execute "vacuum;"

   gConODBC.Close
   gWrkODBC.Close
   Set gWrkODBC = Nothing