RE: [ADMIN] recordset not updateable

From: Michael J Davis <michael(dot)j(dot)davis(at)tvguide(dot)com>
To: "'JT Kirkpatrick'" <jt-kirkpatrick(at)mpsllc(dot)com>, "'pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>, "'pgsql-admin(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] recordset not updateable
Date: 1999-04-23 21:53:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
1) The problem is likely the user name that Access97 is using to communicate
with PostgreSQL.  Turn on the logging in the PostgreSQL ODBC driver.  Look
at the PostgreSQL log file in your c:\ directory after opening Access97 and
the table in question.  Look in the log file and check user name that
PostgreSQL is using to connect to the server and verify that the user exists
in PostgreSQL (including case).

If you are not using Access97 security, then you will need to create an
"Admin" user in postgreSQL.  The quotes and uppercase "A" are needed in the
create user statement.

	Create user "Admin";

2) Also make sure the user has write permission to the table.

3) Another thing that nailed me was the unique key field.  You need to turn
on Unique Key support in the PostgreSQL ODBC driver and each table you want
to update needs to have a unique key installed.