RE: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys

From: Michael Davis <michael(dot)davis(at)prevuenet(dot)com>
To: "'Byron Nikolaidis'" <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Date: 1999-02-25 22:40:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The trigger is installed on orders and would have no idea that this trigger
ties to orderlines. How would Access or the ODBC driver know that this is
the equivalent to a foreign key constraint. Seems to that I may to alter
the trigger so that the ODBC driver and Access see the trigger as a foreign
key constraint. Should the trigger need to be applied to orderlines instead
of orders? What is needed to actually tie the orderlines table to the
orders table?

Thanks, Michael