Access 97 and Postgress

From: Michael Davis <michael(dot)davis(at)prevuenet(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Access 97 and Postgress
Date: 1999-02-24 06:22:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have a Access 97 application that I am porting to Postres. I would like
to continue to use Access as a front end. Forms with parent/child data (for
example, and order form with many order lines) don't seem to work. The
order looks great but the order lines are blank. I tried creating a foreign
key reference on the column that join orders and order lines with no
success. When I look at the ODBC trace, I see the prepareSQL for order
lines is looking up by orderlinesid rather than by orderid. Any one
encounter this problem or have any suggestions (other than finding a new
front end) on how to work around this problem?

Thanks, Michael