Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: "Chad R(dot) Larson" <chad(at)eldocomp(dot)com>, Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>, Donald Fraser <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>, "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Date: 2003-09-26 06:02:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com> writes:
>> I've been through them. None of 'em turn off // comments. Or #-sign

> On at least some versions of gcc it looks like --std=c89 turns them off

Hmm, I haven't tried that in particular. I wonder what else it does?

> We don't appear to compile with the option on my system however.

Yeah, I was just fighting what seemed to be a similar problem on Mac
OS X. The vendors may or may not check that their compiler handles
all 2^N combinations of switches ... but for sure they don't check
that all the header files they supply will compile under all 2^N
combinations of switches ...