Re: Installing debugger?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing debugger?
Date: 2010-03-12 08:46:09
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Dave
>
>> Yes, you just need to use a CVS checkout instead of the older tarball,
>> or get the binary bundled with any of the EDB installers. The only
>> changes have been for compatibility with newer versions of Postgres.
>
> This was extremely hard to make work, and very kludgy.  Might be worth
> just saying in the docs that the debugger currently isn't supported
> except on EDB and One-Click installs.

Feel free to provide a patch for the Makefile if you have that itch.
I'm not going to say it isn't supported, as it is and works fine, it's
just awkward to build.

> Having gone to some trouble to get it installed, however, I find that
> the "debugging" option on the pgadmin menu is still greyed out and
> inaccessible.  What is pgAdmin looking for?

Superuser privs or ownership of the function. And have you added the
preload library and installed the functions in the database, per the
README?

--
Dave Page
PG East Conference: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do