Re: BUG #5248: Cannot find SSLEAY32.dll problem.

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "Pinto, Vincent" <Vincent_Pinto(at)mentor(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5248: Cannot find SSLEAY32.dll problem.
Date: 2009-12-18 10:20:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Craig Ringer
<craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au> wrote:
> On 18/12/2009 4:50 PM, Pinto, Vincent wrote:
>> The only thing different is my earlier laptop was a dell 620, and new
>> one is a dell m4400. What I am wondering is if some for the Microsoft
>> patchs (or other pre-requisite software) were not installed when I got
>> the new laptop, and which might have been needed, and so in the absense,
>> the pg_ctl, etc is not working as expected.

If it were a Microsoft runtime that were missing, I'd expect to see a
slightly different error, such as "This application has failed to
start because the application configuration is incorrect." In that
case, there should also be more info in the event log.

> Well, you can receive a "library not found" error when in fact the library
> DOES exist, but cannot be loaded because a library it depends on does not
> exist or is unusable.
>
> Try looking at ssleay32.dll with depends.exe (http://dependencywalker.com)
> and seeing if it there's any sign of a missing required library.

That would be my suggestion. Actually, I'd throw libpq.dll at depends
and check from there down. There are one or two Microsoft libraries
that are sometimes missing and don't matter - let us know what it
complains about and we can comment.

--
Dave Page