Re: New minor release?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New minor release?
Date: 2009-09-04 16:27:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Dave Page<dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Zdenek Kotala<Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com> wrote:
>> Do you have any list? Unfortunately, I'm not able to monitor pgadmin
>> development much :(. I will look what I can do. I think that I could
>> find some sparc machine here ;-).
> :-)
> They're all ones that our QA team in EDB have found, so they're
> currently in our internal ticketing system. Not entirely sure how I
> can get them out of that easily, with all the details - I'll see what
> I can figure out.

Hmm, not much unfortunately, so I dumped most of them manually to the
new tracker (

Just to give a little background and info in case I missed editting
any of the details:

- All of these came from the EDB QA team, who were testing the build
we'll ship with Advanced Server 8.3R2.

- If you see any mention of 'Postgres Studio', substitute pgAdmin. The
code is identical for this release.

- The builds the QA team were testing are from our change management
(CM) team. I believe they were using the Sun Studio compiler. At one
point they were also using a custom build of GTK to work around some
nasty bugs, the details of which escape me at present.

- Some of the responses (normally along the lines of 'I can't
reproduce this on S10/x86_64) came from me. I was testing my own
builds, and using GCC 'cos I can't get wxWidgets to compile with the
latest Sun Studio.

- Most of these issues seem to be Sparc specific, and some are Solaris
9 specific (mainly the sizing related ones I think).

I was going to give these more attention when my hardware turns up,
but if you can knock any off, or show they are something specific to
CM's build/environment that'd be most helpful. In any case, all of
these potentially affect community users, so I'd like to clear out as
many as possible before 1.10.1.

Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: