Re: Duplicate Events (and other stuff)..

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>, Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Duplicate Events (and other stuff)..
Date: 2009-08-10 18:50:07
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Josh Berkus<josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

>> FYI, my view is that we should include any training events in which
>> PostgreSQL is a part of the technology stack and will be used directly
>> in some way. It helps show the visitors to our site the diverse range
>> of activities and applications in use around the project. If you see
>> what I mean :-)
>
> Oh.  I just bounced a Postgres Plus Advanced Server training submission
> from the website based on the policy.  Should I not have done so?

Well for obvious reasons I'd like to say yes, but PPAS != PostgreSQL,
which is what the policy requires the training be related to.

That said - Postgres Plus Standard Server *is* pure PostgreSQL (plus a
bunch of useful add-ons like Slony, PostGIS etc), so I don't think
PPSS training should be bounced, should it be posted.

> What's our stance on training/events/news for forked versions?

I would say no to forks, but yes to alternate distros.

--
Dave Page