Re: Two issues

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Subject: Re: Two issues
Date: 2009-08-07 15:53:39
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Guillaume Lelarge<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le jeudi 6 août 2009 à 16:40:30, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le jeudi 6 août 2009 à 16:27:07, Raymond O'Donnell a écrit :
>> > [...]
>> > Two things I've noticed in PgAdmin 1.10 (I'm on Windows XP Pro):
>> >
>> > (i) When adding a new column to an existing table, the "Comment" text
>> > area of the "New column..." dialog box is disabled.
>>
>> Yes, the code disables it at creation time, and enables it at modification
>> time.
>>

> I've been thinking about this. I think the reason why it is disabled at
> creation is that this dialog can be called from two place: alone or within the
> table dialog.

Yeah - it would be quite an invasive patch to fix that.

> Moreover, Dave wants (wanted?) to work on the table creation dialog to make it
> simpler to add columns. This should fix your issue.

Sachin(at)EDB is working on a new table dialogue in his spare cycles -
the aim is to get rid of all the sub-dialogues, when working on a
table (they'll still be there if you right-click an object in the tree
though - just no more popping up new dialogues to add a column to your
new table definition).

--
Dave Page