PostgreSQL website redesign contest

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL website redesign contest
Date: 2009-08-05 15:16:23
Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-www
After a great deal of thought and discussion, the judging committee
for the PostgreSQL website redesign contest have reluctantly agreed
that none of the entries received are appropriate to replace the
current design of the website. We appreciate the effort and hard work
that went into the entries, and hope that all the entrants understand
that we need to feel comfortable that any new design must improve upon
the current one, and reflect the PostgreSQL project and its community.

From here, the web team plans to interview several designers about
providing formal design services in order to get the kind of improvement
which we are seeking.  We are still committed to getting a new design
for www.postgresql.org; it simply turns out that the contest wasn't
sufficient to produce a design appropriate for the next 5 years of the site.

We would like to thank all the entrants for their submissions and hard work.

Dave Page
On behalf of the judging committee.

pgsql-announce by date

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2009-08-05 17:06:57
Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2009-08-05 17:06:57
Subject: Re: http://pugs.postgresql.org/ - broken again?