Re: [Pgpool-general] backend mismatch

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgpool-general(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, Leonardo Carvalho <leonardotcarvalho(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Kostas P(dot)" <kostas(at)nsoft(dot)lt>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Pgpool-general] backend mismatch
Date: 2009-07-20 17:06:50
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Guillaume
Lelarge<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> The latter. I don't see a way to catch them all easily. I'll commit this, and
> try to find a way to catch the others.

Good luck with that. We use multi-sentence statements in practically
every SQL dialogue to group together commands like "CREATE xxx; ALTER
xxx; COMMENT ON xxx;" to run everything as one transaction without
explicitly starting or ending one. Changing that would require some
fairly invasive changes.

I would suggest fixing pgpool so it supports multi-sentence statements
as PostgreSQL has for as long as I can recall.

> Thanks.
>
> (and welcome back :) )

Thanks :-)

--