Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-6-16

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW List <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2009-6-16
Date: 2009-06-16 15:11:04
Lists: pgsql-www
On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Tom Lane<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> writes:
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Tom Lane<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>>> So the rest of us have to start filtering junk from our -www
>>> subscription?  Please undo this.
>> Unless you have a better way of ensuring everything gets moderated.
>> This was discussed last week,
> Discussed where?  Not here, that I saw.

Thread starts here:

> Personally, I'm perfectly capable of procmail'ing these things into
> oblivion, and I'm sure most of the other subscribers to -www are too.
> So in a week or so the only effect that these missives will have is
> to permanently clutter the list archives.

Well frankly this is exactly the sort of thing this list was
originally setup for, alongside discussion and other admin issues. I
was quite happy to leave it as a closed list, but others wanted it
opened up so they could see what went on.

> (If you wanted actual shame, how about a report saying "so-and-so
> hasn't done any moderation work in X weeks"?)

Not very practical, as the system doesn't know anything about the
moderators, and some only cover areas that rarely need any work, or
vacations etc.

Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: