Re: pgAgent on Macbook

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Poonam Nijhawan <pnijhawan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAgent on Macbook
Date: 2009-06-04 08:02:36
Lists: pgadmin-support
2009/6/4 Poonam Nijhawan <pnijhawan(at)greenplum(dot)com>:
> Hi Support,
> I   have installed pgagent on my Macbok version 10.5.7. It's running on Postgres version 8.2.10.  I created the schema and I was able to see jobs node there.
> I have not started any daemon as I don't know how to do that.
> Could you please provide some instruction on how can I get the pgagent running on my MAC Book. Please let me know if there is a document that I need to follow.

We have no documentation on that as this problem is very OS specific.
I'd suggest Googling for information on creating a launch daemon,
which should work fine - an un-tested plist file might look like
(substitute the variables for real values):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
<plist version="1.0">

> I understand that for Linux, there is a separate binary  pgAgent-3.0.0-Linux.tar.gz‎ (415 KB‎)

As there is for Mac:

> Do we have anything of this sort for MAC. pgagent worked fine on Windows which is a 32 bit operating system, how about MAC since it is a 64 bit Operating System.

OS X on any Mac Book will be 32 bit iirc.

Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: