Contest: PostgreSQL Website Redesign

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Contest: PostgreSQL Website Redesign
Date: 2009-05-04 18:34:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-announcepgsql-www
Are you a web designer? Know someone else who is?

The current design of postgresql.org needs a refresh! We're looking
for talented designers interested in re-developing our look. If
picked, your design will be the public face the world's most advanced
open source database.

To help find a great designer, we've decided to put $2000 on the table.

The first stage of the project is a design mock-up. A panel of
PostgreSQL community members will act as judges for a $1000 (US)
prize! We want our web design to reflect the care, dedication and
excellence of our developers. We've outlined in detail what we're
looking for at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Website_Overhaul_Requirements.

The second stage of the project is implementation.  The winning
designer will develop the stylesheets and create any images required,
and work with the PostgreSQL Web Team to deploy the new design
throughout our infrastructure. An additional $1000 will be awarded to
the designer once the new look goes live!

So, do you think you can come up with a great design for postgresql.org?

Send us your draft designs for each of the page styles as HTML in a
'.zip' archive to webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)  The archive should
include all images and stylesheets required to evaluate the design.

The closing date for entries is Friday 3rd July 2009.

Regards, Dave

pgsql-announce by date