Re: pgAdmin not starting my job

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin not starting my job
Date: 2009-04-28 18:51:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> Sunday, April 26, 2009, 11:14:53 PM, I wrote:
>
> RB> But while doing some further tests, I found the mistake I made. I have
> RB> splitted the backup batch file into several batch files. And when I
> RB> tested it in the console the CWD was correct. However, when the main
> RB> batch file is called from pgAgent the CWD is different and the batch
> RB> files called from the main one are not found.
>
> Now it gets really weird: It run only once (although it is scheduled
> daily)
>
> I cannot even run it manually. If I try to, the "Last run" field does
> not get updated, but the "Next run" field is updated with the current
> time. However it is never executed, i.e. the "Statistics" tab always
> shows the last entry is from 4/26/2009.

What database is the pgagent schema in, what database is set as the
maintenance database for the server in pgAdmin, and what database is
specified in the pgAgent connection string?

> The service is running (I have even restarted it), but nothing is
> logged in the PostgreSQL log file or the system event log.
>
> So back to the basic question: how can I find out what is going wrong?

Uninstall and reinstall the service with -l2 added to the command line
(before the connection string).

> Rainer
>
> PS: Is there any way to see the complete text of the "Output" column
> in the steps "Statistics" tab? Since the column is at the rightmost
> side of the window, the tooltip window appearing does not show much
> information. I have to restore the pgAdminIII window and move it to
> the left side of the screen to see at leasy the first line of the log
> file.
> I know I can view the log in pga_jobsteplog table, but it would be
> helpful if the jsloutput content could be displayed in an editor.

Unfortunately there's no way to resize that control at present -
you'll need to query the table manually.

--
Dave Page