Goodbye

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Goodbye
Date: 2009-04-01 07:27:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackerspgadmin-support
Dear pgAdmin Community,

You may be aware that the pgAdmin project has been in existence for
nearly 11 years now. During this time, the development team have spent
thousands of hours writing hundreds of thousands of lines of code and
documentation, engineering complex features and support for multiple
versions of PostgreSQL, Postgres Plus and Greenplum, and providing
support to thousands of users. As I'm sure you can understand, after
so many years a group of the development team members have reached the
point where we feel we've given as much as we can to the project.

Having received a offer from a very large and well known software
company for ownership of our copyright to the source code, we have
decided to close down the project, effective immediately. I cannot
speak for all of my colleagues on the development team but personally
I am looking forward to a complete change of lifestyle, having
purchased a farm in New Zealand where my family and I will be raising
sheep and I get to play thrash metal on my bass guitar as loudly as I
like without annoying the neighbours! Magnus tells me he is looking
into upgrading his yacht and taking a trip around the world, and
Guillaume is going to spend his time drinking wine in his new vinyard
at Ch√Ęteau Margoux.

Please be aware that the mailing lists and website will be shutdown
around 12PM today as the project transitions to its new owner who will
be announcing availability of support contracts and professional
services shortly.

I'd like to thank all of our users and contributors over the past 11
years - it's been an absolute pleasure working with all of you.

--
Dave Page
pgAdmin Project Lead

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Julius TuskenisDate: 2009-04-01 07:39:30
Next:From: Julius TuskenisDate: 2009-04-01 07:39:30
Subject: Re: Broken link on page http://www.pgadmin.org/download/debian.php