Re: pgAdmin III 1.10 beta

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III 1.10 beta
Date: 2009-03-19 09:54:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Ray, sorry for the delay in replying to this.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie> wrote:
> Hi Dave & developers,
>
> Would it be a good idea to have the block indent/unindent and block
> comment/uncomment features appear as items on the "Edit" menu, along
> with their associated keyboard shortcuts? This would alert the new user
> to their existence, not to mention make it easier to learn the shortcut!

As a result of starting to look at this, I found some problems with
the original implementation. They've now been fixed, but I had to
change the shortcut keys to get consistent cross-platform behaviour.

> If they made the menu too cluttered, they could be grouped into a
> submenu named "Format" or some such, as you often see on text editors.

In hindsight I agree. I think this is useful enough, and *probably*
non-invasive enough to be added during beta, so I've asked Ashesh to
knock up a patch to see if it would be acceptable.

> Great work on the new version - many thanks to you all!

Thanks - you're welcome.

--
Dave Page