Re: Pentabarf instance for pgDays?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pentabarf instance for pgDays?
Date: 2009-03-15 18:38:24
Lists: pgsql-www
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> SFPUG will soon need to organize a pgDay at OSCON.  We'd like to have a
>> Pentabarf (www.pentabarf.org) instance somewhere on a PostgreSQL.org server
>> which we and other UGs could use to organize mini-conferences.
>
> Should I take the silence on this as a "the WWW group isn't interested in
> hosting conference software, figure out something on your own"?

This part of the WWW group doesn't have the spare cycles at the
moment, but he does know that another part of the group lost a
not-insignificant amount of hair trying (and failing) to get Pentabarf
working in the past. I think the conclusion was that it was a fairly
hideous and unsupportable piece of software.

--
Dave Page