Re: BUG #4705: Software developer

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Holger Rogge <Holger(at)roggesoft(dot)de>
Cc: Pg Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #4705: Software developer
Date: 2009-03-14 19:16:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Holger Rogge <Holger(at)roggesoft(dot)de> wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> Thank you for your answer, but now it's on me to say "Hmm"...
> Your logs giving me the impression the setup expect another
> postgresql-installation?
>
> I made several tries to install the software (included reboot) but all of
> them looks similar.
>
> I'm not sure you're able to understand the German message "Script output",
> there's the translation:
>
>> The access to Windows Script Host was disabled for that computer.
>> Inform you administrator to fetch more details.

I wasn't aware that there is a policy to disable the scripting host.
The installer certainly won't work without it as it uses vbscript for
most of the post-installation tasks. You could either enable it, or
try the MSI installer which is built using different technology
(http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows)

--
Dave Page