Re: pgAdmin v1.10.0 Beta 1 available for testing

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Arthur Knight Hammer <arthur(at)kingofthebears(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin v1.10.0 Beta 1 available for testing
Date: 2009-03-13 20:01:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Arthur Knight Hammer
<arthur(at)kingofthebears(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi Dave:
>
> Would you consider this Beta release OK to use on a production system? I have
> regular backups.  I'm not asking for a guarantee.  pgAdmin bugs are almost
> always UI issues, I would like to help with the testing, and I can fix most
> anything reasonable that might go haywire!  I would consider my use of
> pgAdmin to be "vanilla", Postgresql experience low-expert (18 months).

Hi Arthur,

The licence agreement for even the release versions specifically
states there is no warranty or guarantee :-). I've been using the 1.10
code base as it's been developed, and my experience is that it's
pretty stable. It's also been undergoing QA at EnterpriseDB for a
couple of weeks now, and whilst that isn't a guarantee either, the
guys haven't logged more than half a dozen trouble tickets so far.

So the best I can say is that is seems pretty good to me, but use at
your own risk.

> Best regards and thank you for a superb assistant to my work,

You're welcome.

--
Dave Page