Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 freeze ?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: TorokLev(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 freeze ?
Date: 2009-03-12 15:17:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Levente Torok <toroklev(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I was just assuming that pgmin is checking if servers are alive at the startup
> but since it didn't start up in reasonable time I haven't  use it forawhile so I forget
> that it is not likely doing anything since additional click is needed.
>
> So. yess the splashscreen is on forever. How should I debug the case?

Couple of things to try:

- Add something like the following to the top of ~/.pgadmin3 (or edit
the existing values)

LogFile=/home/levente/pgadmin.log
LogLevel=4

Then try to start pgAdmin. See if there are any clues in the logfile.

- Start a debug build of pgAdmin in your debugger, and break it when
it hangs. Get a backtrace that we can then examine.

--
Dave Page