Re: easy enabling of debugging on Windows?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: woodcock <woodcocs(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: easy enabling of debugging on Windows?
Date: 2009-03-05 10:53:49
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:21 AM, woodcock <woodcocs(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I've been trying to find a way to debug my PL/Pgsql functions.  The one click
> 8.3 installer doesn't create a \contrib directory and although I found and
> downloaded the appropriate files I don't know how to make them.

The contrib directory I think you're referring to is in the source
tree, not the binary releases.

The one click installer includes the debugger plugin pre-compiled and
ready to use. All you need to do is  stick:

shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll'

In postgresql.conf, and restart the server. Then, run the SQL script
in the database you wish to debug in and reconnect pgAdmin.

On double checking the installer, it does seem the SQL script has got
lost somehow - I'll get that fixed ASAP. In the meantime, you can get
the script here:
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/edb-debugger/server/pldbgapi.sql?rev=1.2

--
Dave Page