Re: Server Status window work

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Status window work
Date: 2009-02-25 11:22:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
OK, fresh message with test results from the v13 patch :-)

- terminate_backend.xpm is missing

- The default perspectives are still not good (at least on Windows).
The toolbar is still sized so that the refresh combo box doesn't fit -
actually I'm not sure if this isn't another bug. Using the 'Default
View' option didn't help. It got fixed when I removed all the existing
registry settings for frmStatus and opened the Window again. Related
to that, if I un-dock a pane on Windows, currently the default size is
approx 1cm^2, similar to the problem I noticed on the Mac :-)

- Can you please add dividers before the logfile combo box, and after
the rotate button to separate them from the other controls.

- We need an event that can capture changes to the active pane
properly (as you noted). I'll look at that in a minute and see what I
can figure out. The current behaviour is too unpredictable.

With regard to the perspective issues, here's how I normally deal with them:

- Delete all existing stored settings, and open the dialog.

- Size each pane appropriately, in the default-sized window.

- Undock each pane in turn, and size it appropriately. Redock when
sized. You can undock and redock again to check that the correct size
is retained

- Close the window, and grab the perspective setting from the
registry/config file, and copy to the source file.

- Repeat on each of the three platforms.

Nearly there :-)

--
Dave Page