Re: About wxODBC

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About wxODBC
Date: 2009-02-20 08:57:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I had checked some source of the wxODBC classes.
> It seems that some code are wrong.
> So, we have to derive new class from them and rewrite some method.
> What's your thoughts?
>
> These must take more long time.

Yeuch. I'm still not convinced we want to use wxODBC - it sounds like
it's got more issues than we knew about :-(. How much pain would be
involved in using ODBC directly? On Windows, everything should always
be available, as it should on Mac (which uses iODBC). On Linux we'd
need to be able to run regardless of whether iODBC (or unixODBC if we
supported that) was installed.

> And the work is stopped now, I am studying the Python to read pgLoader source.

OK.

> And more, my boss had given me permission from end of last year to
> work for freeware in our office if there is not office work need to do.

Well, that's good for us, but not good for you if there's lot's of spare time!

--
Dave Page