Re: PATCH: Update autovacuum to use reloptions, instead of a system catalog

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Update autovacuum to use reloptions, instead of a system catalog
Date: 2009-02-18 12:31:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please find the attached patch for "Update autovacuum to use reloptions,
> instead of a system catalog".

Thanks - patch applied.

> In "CREATE/ALTER TABLE", it also supports for toast.autovacuum* settings (as
> storage parameters),
> which I have not implemented currently.
> Do we need to give support for that?
> And if yes,

If you can add it in the next few days, then I think yes.

> 1. Which documents I need to read for that?

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-createtable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-STORAGE-PARAMETERS
?

It all looks pretty much the same as the work you've done though.

> 2. From which catalog tables, I can get the toast.autovacuum* settings.

I assume they go in pg_class.reloptions for the owner table. It should
be easy to test that.

> 3. How UI should look like?

Good question. What about having a tabset under the 'Custom
Autovacuum' checkbox, and have one page that shows the existing
options for the table, and one that shows the TOAST options?

--
Dave Page