Re: PATCH: Window Function support for PostgreSQL 8.4

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Window Function support for PostgreSQL 8.4
Date: 2009-01-12 13:57:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been working on support for WINDOW function in PostgreSQL 8.4.
>
> Please find the patch for it.

Thanks Ashesh. Patch applied with a few minor changes:

- The dialogue really didn't look good with the grid of checkboxes, so
I've split the properties tab into two, one for basic properties and
one for 'options'. It looks much better I think.

- It's not up to us (or even the backend) to decide what languages can
be used to make window functions. Currently it's only C, but that may
change. It makes more sense for the language validators to throw an
error if needed, as noted by Peter Eisentraut on pgsql-hackers justa
few minutes ago.

- Added 'window' as a keyword soit's quoted and highlighted in the STC
as required.

--
Dave Page