Re: Import: how to display warnning & error message

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Quan Zongliang" <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Import: how to display warnning & error message
Date: 2009-01-06 10:55:47
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Sorry for my bad English.
> I mean that the items' tips should be displayed properly.
> For example: in new index dialog
> After open, the message "Please specify name." is displayed in status
> bar. Then input index's name, message becomes "Please specify columns."
> Like this, prompt end user what need to do.

Ahh, I see. Well, I'd just use a message box if they press Next and
haven't filled something in that case. It should be fairly clear from
the UI what they need to fill in anyway. Of course - don't show
multiple message boxes for a single attempt to move forward - check
each item in turn and error out on the first one that isn't valid.

--
Dave Page