Re: Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool)

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Csaba Együd <csegyud(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Separate Sessions?? (View data <-> Query tool)
Date: 2008-11-25 20:05:10
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

2008/11/25 Csaba Együd <csegyud(at)gmail(dot)com>:

> Yes, I do use CREATE TEMPORARAY TABLE statement and I know that temp table
> lives only during the sessionor transaction. This is what I need.
> I meant that I'd like pgAdmin3 to use the same session both in the query
> tool and
> the view data tool to be able to use the temp table while modifying the data
> via view data tool.

That's simply not possible. It would blow up extremely quickly - as
soon as you set a GUC that the main browser wasn't expecting, or the
browser tried to run a query whilst you were (or vice-versa). You
could implement some kind of queuing mechanism of course, but that
would significantly reduce usability as everything would bottleneck
around a single connection.

--
Dave Page