Re: the patch: support for DESC/NULLS FIRST/NULLS LAST

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Quan Zongliang" <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: the patch: support for DESC/NULLS FIRST/NULLS LAST
Date: 2008-11-17 09:03:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> First, I don't like the group of radio buttons. I think it would be
>> better to replace it with a combo box.

I actually think the radio buttons are most appropriate. We normally
use a combo box for situations where the values may change in content
or quantity which is not the case here. We already do this on the
parameters tab of dlgFunction (though the buttons aren't in a panel on
there, and the index dialog should remain consistent with that).

Other minor issues:

The case of the text should follow existing cases as well - if a label
is exactly what would be used in an SQL statement, then it's in upper
case, otherwise, mixed. EG. DESC, FIRST and LAST, with NULLs and
Default.

The DESC checkbox doesn't align horizontally with the combo box to its left.

The columns list view doesn't size correctly when the form is opened
on Mac. This may be because Guillaume's latest sizing fixes haven't
been committed yet, or they may need to be extended to cover this
dialog.

>> Second, the grid should have three columns: Column Name, Order, and
>> NULLs Order.
>
> All done.
>
> Modify mode have one column, new mode have three columns. It's ok?

They should be the same for consistency. One day we may be able to add
a column to an index.

--
Dave Page