Re: BUG #4502: pgAdmin Display Refresh Rate cannot be less that 7 secs

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Peter Mengaziol" <pmengaziol(at)electrainfo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4502: pgAdmin Display Refresh Rate cannot be less that 7 secs
Date: 2008-10-29 16:21:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Peter Mengaziol
<pmengaziol(at)electrainfo(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference: 4502
> Logged by: Peter Mengaziol
> Email address: pmengaziol(at)electrainfo(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: EDB 8.3.0.12
> Operating system: Mac OS X 10.4.11
> Details:
>
> Postgres Studio (pgAdmin III V.1.8.3-EDB (rev 7181))
>
> I cannot set the Admin Display Refresh Rate cannot be less that 7 secs. I
> was able to set it to 1 sec before.

This isn't really the place to report EDB issues, but this does affect
vanilla pgAdmin as well...

The problem is that the UI control doesn't offer the granularity
required, which isn't something that's easily fixable in pgAdmin. I
suppose we could make the control size itself to the free space, which
would hopefully increase the granularity as it would be much wider.

In any case, the workaround is to exit pgAdmin, and edit
~/Library/Preferences/pgadmin3\ Preferences. Set the value for
'Refreshrate' under the [frmStatus] section to whatever you like.
It'll retain it, unless you tweak the slider control again.

--
Dave Page