Re: extending functionality strategy

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: extending functionality strategy
Date: 2008-10-29 09:30:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Gevik

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Gevik Babakhani <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl> wrote:

> Please find the changes in a new patch to review. Please also run embed-xrc
> again.

That's only actually required for release builds - debug use the XRC
files directly (and reload them each time a dialogue is invoked).

> I have also modified the .mk files. But at this moment I have no way of
> testing on wxGTK and wxMAC.

Looks good on Windows, but is a little borked on Mac (see the attached
screenshot). Unfortunately I'm still pretty busy atm, so haven't had
time to figure out exactly what is wrong with the XRC code - I played
for 10 minutes or so, but didn't get anywhere. It did strike me though
that we really shouldn't have to deal with this in every XRC file
anyway - that's just a chore as we move forward. I think the derived
control is perhaps the best option - and I'm not sure it would
actually be any more work than getting this right.

--
Dave Page