Re: feature request: change case

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: "Willy-Bas Loos" <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: feature request: change case
Date: 2008-10-15 10:22:32
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> One thing that i'm missing in pgAdmin is a way to change the case of my
>>> code.
>>> When i type code that others are supposed to read, i use uppercase for the
>>> keywords (such as SELECT, FROM, CREATE, etc). Sometimes i'm sloppy and
>>> forget to do the case thing, or i had the caps-lock on and didn't notice
>>> right away.
>>> If i could change the case of my writing, i would not have to rewrite that
>>> bit of code .
>>> It's not a biggie, just convenience.
>>>
>>> If there is no capacity or priority to do this i would try to write the
>>> feature myself, but i would need some guiding. Does it work that way?
>>
>> It does - and we're always happy to help new developers... but there
>> are a few new features in the SQL editor already for the next release,
>> including what you are looking for:
>>
>> - Block indent text by selecting two or more lines and pressing the Tab key.
>> - Block outdent text that has been indented using the current tab
>> settings using Shift+Tab.
>> - Comment out SQL by selecting two or more lines and pressing the - key.
>> - Uncomment SQL by selecting two or more commented lines and pressing
>> the + key.
>> - Shift the selected text to upper case by pressing the ^ key.
>> - Shift the selected text to lower case by pressing the _ key.
>>

> I did try to find these because I knew you worked on it but I wasn't
> able to find them. Perhaps we should add menus, at least for some of them?

I didn't think they warranted menu options as they are the sort of
function that we could add in larger numbers than we'd want on a menu.
I did document them on the help page though (thats where I copied the
above text from).

Agree/disagree? :-)

--
Dave Page