Re: failed to install posgrest

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Eduardo Arévalo <earevaloch(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: failed to install posgrest
Date: 2008-10-04 15:04:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Jan 4, 2004 at 4:48 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
>> Which, not all of it is, at least not from any source I'm aware of.
>
> Well this list should not be supporting any of the modules that are non
> postgresql anyway and I know all the postgresql packages are available in
> native format.

pl/java? plDebugger plugin? Yeah, they're not supported here, but if
you want them, it doesn't seem unreasonable to use a package that has
them.

> I don't understand your point. The origin is EnterpriseDB, what does that
> matter?

Because the packages that are distributed on the PostgreSQL FTP site
are also of different origins (the Solaris packages are built by
Bjorn(at)Sun, the Win32 by me (on the same hardware as the one-click
installers) and the RPMs by Devrim - and the ability of this list to
support them is no different than it is of supporting most of the
other packages that are out there.

My point is, that being on ftp.postgresql.org doesn't mean anything in
terms of our ability to support a given package.

--
Dave Page