pgScript - initial findings

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgScript - initial findings
Date: 2008-09-15 14:30:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Some issues I spotted whilst briefly playing with pgScript today and
checking Magnus' commit is vaguely sane on Mac...

- The help page formatting needs to be brought into line with
pgAdmin's formatting (only minor tweaks are needed I think - like
losing the <hr> at the top.

- The TOC on the help page seems to be full of broken links :-(

- The error handler should make use of the pgAdmin UI, to highlight
the error line and put a wavy line under the error word, as errors
from regular queries do.

- I'm not entirely sure I like the way the output messages are
formatted (this is a matter of opinion of course - others are
welcome):

[NOTICE] CREATE TABLE table0 (id integer primary key, data text)
         NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit
index "table0_pkey" for table "table0"

should maybe be:

[pgScript] CREATE TABLE table0 (id integer primary key, data text)
[pgScript] NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit
index "table0_pkey" for table "table0"

Likewise, a regular query should perhaps be changed to:

[Query] CREATE TABLE table0 (id integer primary key, data text)
[Query] NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
"table0_pkey" for table "table0"

Regards, Dave

--
Dave Page