Re: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, fgp(at)phlo(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why are binary snapshots older than binary production release versions?
Date: 2008-09-07 10:50:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 2:33 AM, Obe, Regina <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov> wrote:
> There used to be a time when the binary snapshots on the pgadmin site were
> the latest and greatest and newer than the latest production build. Now it
> seems only the binary snapshots for slackware are the latest and greatest
> and things like windows date back to 2007, much older than even the
> production build.
>
> Even the source snapshot seems to be older than the slackware binary builds.
> Just wondering what happened there?

The source and slackware builds are automated on
developer.pgadmin.org. I've fixed the source builds which were broken
by a typo in a Makefile.

The OSX build was an automate build run by Florian - I don't know what
happened to that. I can probably run it on a box in my office if
Florian's is permanently offline.

The Win32 builds were never automated, and rely on one of us to
remember to build one from time to time. Which we clearly keep
forgetting :-( I'll add it to my list.

--
Dave Page