Re: is awfully slow this evening

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is awfully slow this evening
Date: 2008-09-04 14:18:43
Lists: pgsql-www
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> wrote:
>> from remus which is in austria shows no problem for the last 24h) we had
>> two runaway cvsps processes in the git jail(which is on the same
>> physical host as the wiki) that more or less hogged all the CPU on the box.
> Oh for Pete's sake, can we please get away from jails and just use
> dedicated servers? We've had enough people volunteer hardware and
> time to make this happen.

No we haven't - not even remotely. At a rough count we'd need at least
another 17 servers (based on the current number of VMs), and we'd lose
the ability to move services between hardware quickly and easily. Oh,
and we'd have the management headache of dealing with a bunch more
hosting providers, as I doubt the current ones will give us that many

Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK: