Fwd: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-08-27 08:04:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

[Forwarding to the list - and testing the new list config!]

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :

>> Well it looks good (you've *really* got the hang of XRC/wxSizers now
>> :-) ) - but if I open the 'New Database' dialogue, enter a name, and
>> then click on the SQL tab, I get an assert on OSX.
>>

> This issue has nothing to do with this patch. I think this bug comes
> from my previous commit :-/
>
> Without explicitely setting cbTemplate selection, cbTemplate->GetValue()
> gets out with a failed assert. AFAICS, my previous patch didn't modify
> this... but I find it weird that no one hits this bug before.
>
> Anyways, the good news is that it gave me an idea to make dlgLanguage
> growable. I just commited this dialog. I also commited the dlgDatabase fix.

:-)

>> [...]
>> I also get a crash if I try to open the New Table dialogue. I suspect
>> that is the possible incompatibility that you were worried about,
>> though I guess it could be related to this patch.
>>

> I'm sorry, I don't have this issue. Surprising because I don't see how
> the previous fix could have fixed it.
>
> No new patch, because the fix is already commited.

Well your recent patches seem to have fixed it anyway!

On the subject of the table dialogue though, there's something not
quite right on the Vacuum tab. Note the position of the Current value
label in the attached screenshot.

It's also a real shame that tabs cannot scroll on the mac - having the
dialogue extra wide doesn't look so nice :-(. Perhaps that minimum
size should be for Mac only, and other platforms could be the standard
size (he says, blindly assuming you didn't do that already!)?

--
Dave Page

Dave Page

Attachment Content-Type Size