Re: pgScript patch based on pgScript-1.0-beta-3

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Mickael Deloison" <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgScript patch based on pgScript-1.0-beta-3
Date: 2008-08-14 13:38:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Mickael Deloison <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I'm not sure to understand all the possibilities.
> By DLL, what do you mean? Do you say that pgScript code would be on
> pgFoundry (like it is right now) or would be on pgAdmin SVN. If on
> pgAdmin SVN, would it be compiled and included in pgAdmin when you
> compile pgAdmin? And with a DLL, isn't there a problem if you want to
> distribute pgAdmin binary with the PostgreSQL Windows distribution?
> Because the DLL should be distributed as well...

Integrated:

The source code is added as an integral part of the pgAdmin source
tree, fully integrated.

DLL:

The source code is added as a shared library to the pgAdmin source
tree. The main pgAdmin project then utilises that DLL. This allows the
pgScript DLL to be used by other applications, and may be
incrementally updated in branches within the SVN repository (we would
obviously give you commit rights to do that). This would require some
synchronisation of effort to ensure that you didn't change APIs in a
way that would cause us problems (we'd manage that through some
version numbering agreement).

Separate:

pgScript is maintained entirely outside of the pgAdmin source tree,
either on pgFoundry, pgadmin.org, Google Code or whereever. You
maintain it as you see fit, and we bundle your third party executable.

--
Dave Page