Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration
Date: 2008-06-28 12:22:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have five days, full time, to work on this new feature. Here is my idea:

Thanks to Dalibo :-)

>  * add a "Text Search" node under the database node;
>  * add a Configurations node;
>  * add a Dictionarys node;
>  * add a Parsers node;
>  * add a Templates node.
>
> Each of the four last nodes will have a property dialog.
>
> I don't think there's much more things we can do to have a better
> integration of the tsearch configuration.
>
> Comments?

Sounds pretty straightforward - except there may be some odd side
effects of the 'Text Search node. Everything is pretty much designed
around the idea that we alternate between collection nodes and object
nodes. There are some exceptions - just don't assume it'll be entirely
simple!

--
Dave Page