Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-06-20 11:01:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 12:48 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Done. I thought we didn't hide UI objects, only disable them, to get a more
> consistant UI.

On a single dialogue we disable objects so that dialogue will always
have the same layout no matter what server you're connected to. The
design from dialogue to dialogue may change as appropriate however.

> The button text doesn't please me. Neither do the message box text. If one
> has a better idea, I'll be glad to know about it.

How about 'Lock DDL' for the checkbox? The message box could be something like:

Locking the DDL will replace it with generated SQL. Are your sure you
wish to lose the changes you have made?

I can't help thinking that 'Lock DDL' is unnecessarily obscure though.
Maybe 'Read only' is better.

In anycase, there are still some sizing issues to resolve - see the
attach screenshots for examples.

--
Dave Page