Re: Crash at right mouse click in data grid

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Erwin Brandstetter" <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Robins Tharakan" <robins(at)pobox(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Crash at right mouse click in data grid
Date: 2008-05-30 18:49:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Erwin

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 1:14 AM, Erwin Brandstetter
<brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at> wrote:
> Hi Dave! Hi developers!
>
> Testing pgAdmin v.1.9.0-Dev (May 2 2008, rev: 7245, on WinXP Pro; hosts: pg
> 8.2.7 and 8.3.1 on Debian Etch
>
> Looking forward to the upcoming 1.8.3 release!
> You may want to have a look at the following first, though ...

It's a bug in a new feature, so won't affect 1.8.3 (thankfully :-p )

> I have been testing the above version occasionally over the last couple of
> weeks (mostly object tree, data grid, sql window, and some random tests).
> Most everything looks good or better than before. I've found a way to crash
> it, though.
>
> Using the right mouse button in the data grid (table or view) sends pgAdmin
> packing almost every time. Sometimes, however, it doesn't. I could not find
> why.

It's crashing in a thread->IsRunning() test in some new code that
Robins added to display a popup menu of sorting and filtering options.
It's not clear to me why it's crashing though - the code looks as if
it should work just fine. Can you take a look in case I missed
something please Robins?

--
Dave Page