Re: problem with pgadmin 1.8.2 to keep connection to postgresql 8.2.6

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebastia(at)l00-bugdead-prods(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with pgadmin 1.8.2 to keep connection to postgresql 8.2.6
Date: 2008-05-27 09:21:44
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Sebastian Reitenbach
<sebastia(at)l00-bugdead-prods(dot)de> wrote:

> I also retested, with psql from commandline, using the same query,
> and I was able to issue it about 50 times in a fast row, before I stopped
> again.
>
> I also tried pgadmin 1.8.1, and I did ran into the same problem, but it
> seems that the problem does not occur so fast, but maybe that was just
> coincidence.

[sorry for the delay - I was travelling last week]

I've been unable to reproduce this at all. Are your client and server
one different hosts, or even different networks? Anything that might
explain why it's disconnecting in the first place? What's odd is that
psql works, as both psql and pgAdmin use libpq to handle the
connection so there should be no difference (unless perhaps you are
using a Unix socket with psql, and the network is a little flakey). Is
there anything in the server log?

--
Dave Page