Re: New problem with the latest Kubuntu

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New problem with the latest Kubuntu
Date: 2008-05-01 15:19:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>
> > [...]
> >
> > As I see it we have three choices:
> >
> > - Try using extern c on them (a suggestion from Greg Stark, though we
> > think that only affects linkage).
> > - Silence the warning on the GCC command line.
> > - Fix them.
> >
> > I'm leaning towards fixing them to be honest.
> >

>  Fixing them seems better. By fixing them, I hope you mean modifying "char*"
> with "const char*" because that's what I did till now. The patch attached
> works on trunk. I didn't try it on 1.8 branch but I'll check this ASAP.

Yes, that's what I meant. I'm not going to review every last line of
this patch - what I suggest we do is apply that to trunk, and simply
silence the warning on the 1.8 and edb branches, to lower the risk of
breaking them. Sound reasonable?

--
Dave Page